- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a baking sheet, or line it with parchment.
- Combine the brown sugar, baking soda, salt, and butter, and mix until smooth.
- Mix in the vanilla, egg, and almond flour, stirring to combine. Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl, then mix for 1 minute at medium speed.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the dough one level tablespoon at a time onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Gently flatten the cookies to about 3/8″ thick.
- Bake the cookies for 9 to 12 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove the cookies from the oven. Allow them to cool on the pan for 2 minutes, then carefully transfer them to a rack to cool completely.
Almond flour is the secret ingredient in these crisp and tender chocolate chip cookies. For chewiest cookies, enjoy these warm from the oven. If you prefer them a bit crisp, wait until they’ve cooled before biting into one (or several). Store any remaining cookies at room temperature – a cookie jar keeps them handy!